Saturday 7 January 2012

Wrecked Big Rig








Another piece of wasteland wreckage this time a wrecked big rig. This is a 1/50th scale vehicle that I kept when my son decided he was to old for toy cars (I knew I'd find a use for it one day)


I took most of the tyres off and broke the plastic windscreen before sticking the truck down to a piece of thick card. I added a spare tyre, oil barrel and pallet (all artistically arranged) and added some tarpaulins made from kitchen towel and watered down PVA glue. Finally plenty of sand and PVA glue were liberally applied.


I went for a rusty paint job with a few bits of the old green paint job left followed by plenty of weathering. I finished off with a bits of clump foliage. Like the helicopter I want to finish off with a few yellow grass tufts (just as soon as I buy some)


Cheers Jon

2 comments:

  1. That's another nice piece of terrain. I like the way you did the damaged tires. Nice job on the rust, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic looking piece of terrain there. Lovely rust.

    ReplyDelete